Advocacy is important to the mission of the Phelan-McDermid Syndrome Foundation.
PMSF is committed to increasing funding for PMS and further PMS research by supporting rare disease legislation that will improve the lives of all affected by Phelan-McDermid Syndrome. Our advocates are not only patients and family members, but friends, caregivers, researchers and doctors who want to make their voices heard and improve the lives of those with Phelan-McDermid Syndrome.
As an advocate you can help:
- Call for increased federal funding for Phelan-McDermid Syndrome research programs
- Encourage our families and friends to become actively involved in advocating
- Share your personal story about the impact of Phelan-McDermid Syndrome on the patient, the family and the community
- Inform and inspire your Legislators and other elected representatives.
- For more Legislative Advocacy resources, click here to visit our resource page